Today's news: it's COLD in Europe!! (I could have told you that....) Vienna's subway tracks cracked, German
authorities shut a key canal to ships after it iced up and a zoo moved
its penguins indoors Tuesday as a deadly deep freeze tightened its
arctic grip on much of Europe.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/01/24/europe.cold.ap/index.html
The poor penguins. Gotta feel sorry for them.
I'm sure the poor penguins were brought in under duress. (Or is that 'distress'?)
ReplyDelete(What are you doing with all of these eProps, anyway?)
heehee the media for my last little post!
ReplyDeleteheaven forbid that I should actually quote William Wordsworth, but when my brit lit book reveals such a gem, I can't help but post:
ReplyDelete"GREAT MEN HAVE BEEN AMONG US" GREAT men have been among us; hands that penned
And tongues that uttered wisdom--better none:
The later Sidney, Marvel, Harrington,
Young Vane, and others who called Milton friend.
These moralists could act and comprehend:
They knew how genuine glory was put on;
Taught us how rightfully nation shone
In splendour: what strength was, that would not bend
But in magnanimous meekness. France, 'tis strange,
Hath brought forth no such souls as we had then. 10
Perpetual emptiness! unceasing change!
No single volume paramount, no code,
No master spirit, no determined road;
But equally a want of books and men!