Thursday, 8 May 2008

so yes, Rambles is in a bit of a shambles...

Life has been difficult lately, and I guess blogging has fallen by the wayside. Sorry about that.

I have enjoyed connecting with old friends: danbreeze and danielmfoster & co one weekend, pashlee, sunflowersandbabies & co another. Good times. Here I am with two of the lovely ladies:



Otherwise, not too much going on. I spend a lot of time reading in my sunny windowseat:



And I was excited to get together with some of the old Lyon gang - I'm
afraid I stopped taking pictures after the first lot arrived, so I
don't have pictures of everybody, but some of you might recognise some
of these faces- it's remarkable how many Lyon folk are in the DC area!
So good to re-connect.


That's all for now. I've taken a break from DC to come to England for a brief stint - unfortunately a working stint, so no channel-hopping this time, Suzanne!! :(  But I'll get the chance to continue some work with my old lab, as well as go through the graduation ceremony. So that's all good. My parents are even coming over for a bit. Pictures will come in due course.

In the meantime, check out the new OtR album: the Trumpet Child. It's classic Americana with an OtR twist. There are some fantastic jazzy clarinet solos and a brilliant Tom Waits tribute, among other gems. The joyful music is bound to lift even the darkest of moods. I like.

3 comments:

  1. OH, I love the new layout and colors here, and it was fun to have an Annie Ramble to enjoy this morning. Your cozy windowseat looks just lovely  - I hope you enjoy the visit with your old Lab folk and your parents.  Congratulations on the Grad ceremony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the window seat! I would be there lots-with a pair of noise cancelling headphones if I could stand wearing them. (except the problem of not hearing the birds, and all the other goods sounds. Do they make something to get rid of unwanted sound pollution and let the good things in? Maybe some physicist should work on that! ) What sort of a view do you have? Does the window open? I am there.... reading, napping, breathing, being!  MMmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there, annie. what kind of difficult?your lookin' pretty mona lisa in the new profile pic - nice! :)

    ReplyDelete