Friday, 25 May 2007

Wake-up call...

Do you need another reason to wear your helmet while cycling?? Check out this guy's story... It's enough to scare me!!  And he's a grad student in Wisconsin! That's hitting pretty close to home...  This is what phdcomics.com had to say about it:

Bike Helmet - This is why grad students wear bike helmets. It may look dorky, but our brains are our most important asset!!

(and mine doesn't seem to be working very well anyway... I can't afford to lose any neurons!)

OK back to the grind. Just had to share.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that article too - scary, huh? Especially since I'm biking more and more these days and hope to not stop any time soon. In answer to your post on my blog, yes, I'll be staying in CA. Chris is trying to graduate still and has no idea what he'll do after that, so for the moment we're staying in the area. I'm feeling more than ready to settle down after 13 residences in 14 years. Wow. Just writing that statistic makes it sadder... When are you coming to CA?!?! I'm ready to show you around any time! I hope you end up in DC - I have a lot of relatives I visit there pretty often so I'd get to see you more if you went there than if you went to Oz. Though actually, maybe I'd have to make the occasion to head down under if I knew someone there who could show me around... hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should meet him. hahaha  Perhaps I should wear a helmet crossing streets...I love his comment about the gravity of it all... "I think it will probably hit me when I'm done with exams," HHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Couldn't happen to me. Good luck with your phd; the grad students I work with are all going crazy with final exams this week, and theses or however you plural it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/v/GWzIm7DJPOQ">

    or
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GWzIm7DJPOQ

    ReplyDelete