Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Weekend in Venice...

So I went rowing in Venice last weekend with my rowing team from Paris! It was great fun, and although sadly I don't have any pictures of the race, here are a few scenery shots to give you an idea of the unique atmosphere of that watery city. Enjoy!

These first three are taken outside my bedroom window... we rented an apartment that looked out right over the Grand Canal... how's that for a view??












These next ones are just random fun ones I took as I wandered around the city after the race. When the sun was out, the colours were so intense and vivid as almost to be unreal. It wasn't like this the whole time- there were spectacular thunderstorms each day as well! (...which was kind of fun, as we don't really get thunderstorms in England. I kind of miss the excitement. I like it better when I'm not rowing in it, though!)






If I can get some pictures of the race from one of the guys who came along but didn't row (our cheering section), I'll post them later. I actually got sick and had to drop out midway through the 32-km race, but the other 3 in the boat managed to row on and finish in record time anyway! Kudos to them...

4 comments:

  1. If you're trying to combat the notion that you do nothing but frolick around the globe, you're doing a poor job of it. Though I suppose at least Italy doesn't increase your country-bagging count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet profile pic, seriously!  I totally agree with danielmfoster.  Way to flaunt the frolic, ANN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dudette!  The guy who wrote that acclaimed Lou Gehrig biography has come out with another book!  Search on Amazon for: Opening Day: The Story of Jackie Robinson's First Season.
    If I buy it, you want to read it next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I'm looking into the Jackie Robinson book...
    my xanga background is clever and subtle--take a glance at my facebook profile, then without hints look at my background picture again.  You get ONE guess, no questions asked!!

    You can figure it out.  But think.

    ReplyDelete