This month has been pretty crazy: it's an intense time at work, and all of us are putting in 12-hour days in the lab pretty much all the time. It's a delicate balance: working long and hard enough to get things done, but not so much that we get too sloppy, or worse - completely burn out.
It's so exciting, though, in a way - we're just at the point with the labwork that we can finally do the experiments which will be the culmination of my last 4 years of work! I will finally see the fruits of my labor. My thesis-writing has taken a backseat to labwork, although I have still managed to squeeze in bits of writing, here and there. My new goal is to finish by the end of September. I really hope I can do it.
But in more interesting news, a former teacher of mine, The Good Doctor J and his wife Teacherperson came to see me recently, passing through Cambridge on their tour of Britain. It was such fun to see the quirks of Britain through their eyes, laughing at bizarre things that I just don't notice any more. They're lovely people - I am sad that I won't be here when they come back! Check out Teacherperson's site for gorgeous photos of Cambridge. It really *is* a beautiful place... I forget that.
Okay, that's about as much of an update as I can give. I hear the laundry finishing, so now I've got to go and pack up my things. I've got to move out of my house for 5 weeks, starting tomorrow! (I'll be staying with a friend a little farther out of town... now my 15-minute cycle commute to work turns into a 20-minute bus ride, followed by a 15-minute bike ride. We'll see how that goes... it still beats the 1.5 hours-on-the-metro commute that I had in Paris last year!)
Farewell, little pink house. For a while. I'll be back.
Just a few days after your visit with TGD and Teacherperson, we had the privilege of visiting with ChelseaMorning, an acquaitance from the same institution. She was with an escort of the opposite sex as well. Hurray for old friends.
ReplyDelete