Friday, 24 August 2007

The story of my life these days....




This actually happened to me the other night. I'm again deep in the throes of thesis-writing, and still exiled from my cozy cottage, I'm staying with my wonderful friend Hilary in a village about 15 miles out of town. The busses run fairly infrequently at night, so when I stay at the lab till 9 or 10 I have to be really careful not to miss the last bus! So far two nights this week I've had to wait about an hour in the cold rain for a bus: once because a bus had broken down, once because a bus came early, so I missed it - and had to wait for the next one! Ugh.

But the thesis is coming along - I actually finished a chapter this week, and am now at work on the next one. It's good to see the disparate bits and pieces coming together in some sort of coherent story. And as it's been cold and rainy pretty much constantly for the past month, I don't even mind not being outside - there's no summer that I'm missing out on!

Onward!

What projects are you working on these days?

4 comments:

  1. yay! another chapter! We hope your life will return post-PhD.I'm starting to learn latex so I can use it in my math. I probably should already know it... I'm a senior now. even though I'm still 18. That feels weird. And all the rest of school is getting started too. And I'm taking Physics II and III this semester! You'd be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I allowed ask the subject matter of said thesis? Are you still doing Physics stuff (you can tell I'm out of it, or at least I'm not very observant).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you peruse my latest blog updates you'll get a feel for my projects. Hopefully we can do some more house projects tomorrow.
    My other project is waiting on a response from Annie to my e-mail But that is a rather long, protracted project that I don't really expect to complete any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is me, just chillin and bein so manly over here.

    If ya need me.

    ReplyDelete