The first complete draft of my thesis is in!! All 147 pages, not counting the appendices. I gave it to my supervisor yesterday, who agreed to go over it with me next week. Hopefully there won't be too many corrections, and I'll be able to submit the final version to the Board of Graduate Studies at the end of next week! (But we'll see about that....)
My birthday! Which happened to be the day I offloaded my thesis onto my supervisor... a present to myself. :) And getting to talk to friends and family... and then take the weekend completely off! (That's the first weekend in a long time that I haven't worked at least one day!)
The wonderful guys in my lab - so supportive. One made me a chocolate birthday cake, which we ate at our teatime break... another gave me a bag of Italian chocolates... another gave me a Belgian chocolate cake... (I'm starting to see a theme here...)
Then tonight, I'll celebrate with the girls - 7 of us are going to go see the Shakespeare play A Winter's Tale at our local student theatre - professional quality with quirky creativity. Good stuff. Then drinks back at a friend's house, potentially involving cake as well...
It's so nice to just rest and be refreshed after a week of working till midnight almost every night, and then not being able to sleep because my head's just buzzing... coming up with introductions, thinking about how to re-work analyses, etc. I'd better rest up well, because I'm in for another long slog next week. But then that might be the last week for me! I would like that.
What hard thing have you done this week?
-or-
What has someone done to make you feel special this week?
ps. sometimes these phdcomics hit a little too close to home! (cf. below) :)
Very nice Dearie.
ReplyDeleteI had my prayers answered this week.
Pats on the back for making it to this point on the Thesis!!! It'll be superb, I have no doubt!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Annie - I wish I had known on the day of, but know that my prayer is for a another blessed year beginning in your life. You are such a fun and encouraging friend to keep in touch with!
Blessed new week to you!
Happy Birthday! So happy for you about the thesis. You're amazing, girl. Looking forward to January!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Count the appendices!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your Thesis success! Such a big hurdle, and things should be less intense from here on?
ReplyDeleteGrad school... ah yes... Well, actually this quarter is a "light" one. I guess I'm thankful. :) I think more is feasible. Actually, I know with God's grace, all is possible... As far as what I expected... I expected to survive, and that's what's happening. I'm praying for growth - in many respects - as well... not just survival but going beyond to become more of what the Lord has for me - through and in spite of the challenges. And so we press on.
I hope you enjoyed your "crash" weekend. :)