Friday, 19 October 2007

Another thing I miss...

(awww, I'm getting all nostalgic now...)

There's a distinct chill in the air today... last night was absolutely freezing in our drafty old house...

...and it's making me want to go home for Thanksgiving, like I used to do when I was in college, before moving overseas. (This will be Thanksgiving #8 that I've been away!) I especially miss waking up on Thanksgiving morning back in the warmth of my old room at my parents' house, with the oniony smell of dinner being started filling the house. That's what I miss.

4 comments:

  1. methinks it's time for you to move home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be there in January still?  How wonderful for us! But, does that mean things have been pushed back with your thesis?  That's not good news at all.Have you gone by Sir Peter's house yet? We tried to find it on Google Map (satellite), but we weren't sure we had the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No onion smell yet, but we do have extra pumpkin pie ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're more than welcome to come spend Thanksgiving here!!!  I'll be all alone for it, so you could come keep me company and we can make all those wonderful dishes we miss!!!  Seriously, I would love it if you could hop over!

    ReplyDelete