Wednesday, 2 April 2008

US welcomes just a little bit more love

A story on the BBC website caught my eye today: Check it out here. Apparently the rest of the world is starting to like us a little bit better! What a time to move back home.

And thanks for all the book recommendations! I did come home with an armful of books from the library the other day and ever since have been happily plowing through them. I looked for the Wrinkle in Time series but the local branch didn't have it (don't know what's wrong with them?!) but I am finding that I still enjoy the Austins as much as ever.

I'm still open to recommendations! What else do you like to read, or have you read lately and enjoyed?


5 comments:

  1. Whew!  Oh man I'm so glad that the rest of the world is showin' more US-Love, without their acceptance it was getting hard to sleep at nights.  So where are the polls telling those haughty little Yerp nations what *I* think of *them*!?  I don't think they're doing enough to please me.Read 1776 by David McCollough the first chance you get.  I will have it fedexed to your apartment if that gets it in your hands fast.Hey don't forget to be keeping track of the Indians!  The season has begun and we have already defeated the evil White Sox twice!  And Nikki and I are going next month on free bobblehead night--woohoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know anything about RyanAir for flights? 
    Do you have a recommendation for an airline to Ireland?I still have the message in my box for book recommendations for you. Just not getting on to the computer as much of late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TeacherPerson - Oh, yes, Ryanair and I are very well acquainted. :) I think I've been their best customer the past four years!  That would be a good choice for going to Ireland if you want to leave from Stansted. They fly all over Europe cheaply from Stansted, usually at weird times and to out-of-the-way airports, but if you're willing to put up with that, you can explore all over with minimal cash! (well, okay, if you're single, that is... even a cheap flight would add up if you're buying 7 tickets...)If you want to go to **Northern** Ireland, easyJet flies there from Stansted as well as Luton and Gatwick. Also, Aer Aerann has some flights from Luton to various places in Ireland. (I've never taken them, but it's worth checking out - http://www.aerarann.com )Where do you want to go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @yanniesue -  We actually want to go on a bus tour of Ireland. Most seem to be either north or south. We'd like to see Celtic stuff and castles and the like, not so much Dublin and pubs. What do you recommend?  Ever take a bus tour? What's a must-see or two in Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Aer Aerann!  You never told us about that.
    There is still time to get a kite!
    Love from
    AA9XD

    ReplyDelete