Thursday, 3 July 2008

Camping with the whole clan!

Just got back from a week of camping with the whole family, at a gorgeous state park in Kentucky... a sort of center of gravity between all the relatives scattered far and wide, from Michigan to Florida.

 


It was great fun. When you get that many Weekses together, there's always something to celebrate. This time it was Eliot's graduation and Mari's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is. Not that we really need an excuse for a party!





It was so good to see the cousins again. 8 years in Europe is too long - I realize how much I've missed out on.

 


We did some great hiking as well - the place was gorgeous and there were lots of trails through the woods leading to gorgeous views. I think some of these hiking pictures make our group look like a band posing for an album cover.

 

At the top.


Do we know where we are??


Yes, we even got cell phone reception at the top!


This was the "fat man's squeeze." I just made it through.


2 comments:

  1. yay for fun with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the band covers! What park in KY? I'm just 10 minutes from the KY border so I'm always interested in learning about new, fun parks down that a-ways. Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete