Tuesday, 17 May 2005

SPASIBA!!  I'm thankful today for God's mercy, giving strength to
the weary for the many and varied tasks He puts in our path. Somehow
during the course of the past week, He's carried me through when I
really didn't think I would make it. But today I have a Russian visa in
my hand, successful experimental results to present at a work meeting
tomorrow, and I've entertained SIX guests from the USA ... four of whom
have now moved on, two of whom will stay a wee bit longer and play with
me when I'm not at work. Not much sleep in the past week, though...

I know Richard Swenson, among others, emphasises the importance of
building in MARGIN in one's life, to accommodate the unexpected with
grace. I can attest that it IS possible, and the benefits of so
ordering one's life run deep. However, margin must be closely guarded,
else in a blink suddenly each minute of the day is taken.

Now to get to bed. Must be up early for a rowing practice tomorrow morning! I'll catch up on sleep next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment