Spring must be just around the corner: the snowdrops are beginning to
strut their stuff around town. I whizz by this lot most days as I cycle
to the lab.
Stephen Hawking spoke at the Union the other day, enlightening us all
about cosmic microwave background radiation, black holes, and curved
space-time. The voice simulator he uses gives him an American accent.
And our regular weekly Bible study group, here in my living room, as usual.
L-R: Rob, Mei, Mary, me, Theo, Daniel, Sebastian (partially hidden),
and Tom (not looking at the camera... laughing at us all instead!)
Thanks to Deborah for snapping the shot.
No snowdrops here!
ReplyDeleteJust mad packing between trips.
Can I get a simulator to make me sound normal when I visit?
Optical Aleutian?
ReplyDeleteAnn.....
I hope you still are able to feel that particular quality, "shame"
or at least some family name pride...oh gosh, that is just tooooo far
good news....i'm about to take a nap!
ReplyDeleteheehe just thought i'd share the joy
Hi! Have you taken any interesting road trips in search of Croatian scientists lately ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd like to know more about cosmic microwave background radiation and if I'm in danger of encountering it when Mom heats up my peas and carrots! Can you enlighten me any?
ReplyDelete