Thursday, 18 January 2007

Bloody English weather!!

So replacing the waterproof trousers ('rain pants' in American) was possibly the best move made so far for me in 2007! I think I've worn them every morning as I bike to work... oh, for the last two weeks, at least! (Actually I've lost count.) And I finally have a seriously waterproof coat as well...

Yesterday's storms were absolutely crazy - the culmination of the past couple of weeks of WET. My experience: trying desperately to make it to the lab, pedaling against the gale-force winds, with water pouring downwards on me, mud spattering upwards onto me, my laptop, wrapped in layers of plastic, bouncing in my bike basket, thinking 'WHY am I doing this??'

Today the sky is mercifully blue... and the sun is illuminating the downed trees everywhere, roots exposed, mud beginning to dry...   I think the nation is breathing a collective sigh of relief!

4 comments:

  1. You should write travel brochures. You made me want to hop the pond. (grin)Have a dry day!~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sun'll come out, Tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar ... pound ...quid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you doing this!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete