I worked as usual on Thursday (this is year 7 outside the US) but then in the evening I had dinner
with a random collection of Americans (and one Canadian) who happen to be in town, and we had
a nice big traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I made a pumpkin cake to share (didn't
have time to try a pie this year -- pastry for me needs serious attention, but I can just about make
a cake in my sleep...) which was well-received. After dinner the kids were put to bed and the rest
of us sat around the fireplace in my friends' living room, and we read aloud from the Iliad (great
storytelling!) with the classicists among us interspersing enlightening comments. It was a delightful
juxtaposition of worlds!
Tuesday, 28 November 2006
A Cambridge Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Thankgiving Annie!
ReplyDeleteWow, that pretty neat rock climbing! (profile pic)
Year 7...*sigh*
ReplyDelete