Friday, 2 February 2007

...so life goes on...

Thanks for all the encouragement, you guys!! I will make it through this next week - not sure how, but soon it will be over. And after the Mad Madrid Meeting, I am going to take a mental-health-break and go skiing in Austria for a long weekend.... a bit of sunshine, fresh air, and mountains will be just the thing. And with 4 English friends- even better. Stay tuned for pictures.


... and now Hilary has tagged me, so I guess I'm it! It's my turn to reveal 6 weird and quirky things about myself... so here goes!

1. I love to go long-distance running. It's my way to unwind, to re-energise, to re-adjust my life and recover balance. I actually have to be careful here - when I'm training for a marathon I schedule in times for long runs and then adequate recovery, but then there are times like last week when I just wanted to run... it was a gorgeous day, I was thrilled to drink in the scenery along the river and watch the rowers who were having some kind of a race... and so I ran 10 miles, in about 2 hours... and then was completely knackered for the rest of the day! I had forgotten that I really need to work up to the longer runs. (Today I only did 4 miles, so I'm still feeling pretty energetic - good thing too, because I've got work to do!)

2. I love words, and making puns in particular. It drives my housemates batty... or it used to, until they began punning too, almost against their wills. Hearing them pun brings a smile to my face!  :)

3. I like visiting new countries. I'm hoping to be able to swing by Liechtenstein for lunch or dinner one of the days I'm in Austria, just so I can say I've visited a new country. (If it works out, this will be country # 31 for me! Woo-hoo!)

4. I like singing silly songs. No, I never grew out of it. Just mention black socks to me in an appropriate setting, and you'll hear it...

5.  I make up nicknames for people. Some of my friends and family members rarely if ever get called by their real names.

6. I like drinking egg nog for breakfast. (WITH raw eggs, WITHOUT alcohol. Not on a work day, anyway.)

And there you go! More strange things than you ever wanted to know about me. Who's up next? I want to tag Suzanne, Teresa, and Dan. And anyone else who wants to be tagged.

...now back to my computer simulation...

6 comments:

  1. Go Annie!
    You are allowed to make unlimited puns and run for a bajillion miles once you cross the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love puns as well. Wit in all forms usually wows me, although I have to curb my giggles at the cruel stuff. Skiing in Austria? That seems like a good reward. I'd probably just take a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Annie, guess who we had at our restaurant tonight? Your dad!!!! It was so much fun to see him, and I really saw the family resemblance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will consider myself tagged. I'm so normal though it may take me awhile to come up with 6 weird things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahhh!!!  You're AMAZING!!! I love the gifts!!

    Wish you were here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!I hope you have a day full of fun with friends and chocolate and other wonderful treats.

    ReplyDelete