Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Back from a refreshing ski weekend in Austria...

P2190013

Here's the town of St Anton, at the base of the mountain. Very picturesque indeed. (This shot doesn't really do it justice.)

P2160010

Glorious mountain panorama... the sun shone the whole time we were there. Who could be sad with scenery like this?

P2160006

Our gang, at the top of a blue run. L-R: me, Chris, Irenka, and Ruth. Thanks to Gabi for taking the picture!

P2150004

 A tasty Austrian dinner at a little homespun place down the road from our Gaestehaus. The chef, dressed in traditional Austrian garb, was brimming with enthusiasm when he brought out our artistically-arranged good down-home Austrian cooking. Here we're about to sample his fare. L-R: Chris, Irenka, Ruth, me. Thanks again to Gabi for taking the photo!

P2190012

This'll be my entry to the Cedarville alumni photo contest this year. Not as exciting as running a marathon in a Cedarville shirt, maybe, but it turns out to be a surprisingly good shirt to ski in as well!

P2150002

And finally, a glimpse of Liechtenstein: country #31 for me! It was 15 minutes away by bus, so of course I had to stop by and take a look. (It looks about the same as Austria....)

7 comments:

  1. Stunning - what beauty!!! So glad you had such an enjoyable time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. That's so beautiful! I hope you do win with that picture! They should print it somewhere, for sure!Thanks for the invite. A free room in expensive England might be just the thing! I'll let you know when we know. We're coming July 8 to 22, so it would definitely be in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. i'm stealing some of your pics for my desktop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOWOWOW! I hope you win the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so fun! If you ever need an American ski vacation Chris and I would join you just about anywhere out west!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better wear a scarf while skiing with that shirt!
    - an interested party

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I like the blog's song in the background

    ReplyDelete