Sunday, 10 June 2007

Summer in Cambridge...

naturally, as soon as the sun comes out, so do we! So last night, a bunch of friends from my church group came over for a cookout in my backyard - a fun time, replete with laughter and singing. Hope the neighbors didn't mind too much...    Next time we want to rig up a projector and have an outdoor movie night...


(and yes, those are marshmallows that are being roasted above the burgers and sausages... I think a couple of sausages at least got dripped on, adding a certain je ne sais quoi to the flavour.)


Here's the happy crew...

3 comments:

  1. I bought a travel book on England tonight. I'm getting excited! I think I may come to visit on July 12th (Thurs) if it works out for you. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was again bemused by the lasagna-pan-with-charcoal grill and wondered at roasting the marshmellows with the main course. When I saw the extent of the party (in comparison to square inches of grill space) it made more sense that some would be anticipating the meal and others finishing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,You commented on my site and I didn't even realize that I know you. I took my real name off my xanga site so it's entirely possible that you don't know that I'm me. Here's a hint or two since I'm still kind of sort of concerned about my quasi-anonymity... we attended the same home church pre-college, my sister in law was your roommate for a little while at Cedarville.Good to find you on here, although kind of an odd coincidence.

    ReplyDelete