Sunday, 3 February 2008

Travels drawing to a close...

So the blissful month of travelling is drawing to a close... I am refreshed, rested, and very carefully not tanned, despite having been out in the sun quite a bit lately.  (Interestingly but perhaps not surprisingly, Australians seem to be much more aware of the risks of skin cancer, compared with other 'white' countries. That's a relief!) So, for your viewing enjoyment, here are some more fun glimpses of Australian adventures:

First, fish and chips on the beach with Matthew and his parents - a seaside picnic that seems to be somewhat of an institution in Sydney's beach culture. Gotta love summer in January.


And yes, in Australia they really do have road signs warning motorists of passing kangaroos!
(we didn't see any kangaroos, though)


And here's a fun one of Matthew and me at a nature reserve near Sydney where we had a picnic:

Although we didn't see any kangaroos, we did see the largest lizards I've ever seen! They were interested in our sandwiches. (They didn't get any.)

That's all for now!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. Summer in January sounds like fun.
    It's impressive that you can write a Monday, Feb 4 post, when there is clearly an hour and a half of Sunday left!
    I've been thinking of e-mailing you, but nothing profound to say. I am looking forward to seeing you and talking in person (hopefully soon?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun pictures!!! We are now encamped in another 17 inches of beautiful snow.  I love it, but your pics remind me of the joys that warmer weather will bring us - hopefully soon!!!
    Matthew looks like such a neat guy - Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we'll see about that chem.  And those lizards sound cool.  How big were they?  We saw a three foot roadkill lizard in Africa besides a bunch of ones that went swimming where we were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austrailia!  So happy you could go.  It's definitely on my list of must sees.  But for now I'll guess I'll just be content with Siberia.  Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, Amy here... At first I thought you said the lizards were interestING in your sandwiches, which would have a slightly different meaning.  Ugh!  Better a sandwich in the lizard than a lizard in the sandwich, I think.  

    ReplyDelete