If Cambridge is a dog-eat-dog world, then is the virtual version a blog-eat-blog world? Just wondering. Never mind.
Today's thought: hooray for barbecue/picnics by the River Cam... till 2am... guitars in abundance, and friends and laughter and songs... a non-judgemental environment of acceptance, where I am freed to sing and play, and others are free to eat their magic mushrooms... although I must say, watching their response to the mushrooms makes me far less likely to ever try one!
I think those who are raised in conservative Christian circles (myself included) don't go far enough to project a non-judgemental attitude to the world. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors... he didn't hide away in Bible studies all the time and avoid engaging with real folks.
Anyhoo- The new circle of friends are a marvelous gift, coming just at the right time to help pull me out of the funk I've been in for far too long... I escaped the lab at 9pm last night (yes, Saturday) to go with them to watch the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I like the fresh take that Johnny Depp has on the character of WW. He's not trying to copy Gene Wilder. The town surrounding the Chocolate Factory though is a bizarre mix of England and America. Depp's American accent adds to the funky off-beat unexpected persona of WW, methinks. The new flick does justice to the brilliance of Dahl's invention.
Blog-eat-blog??
ReplyDeleteoh brother!...
oh sister! (?)
*tickle under the ribs*
check out my blog, i'll exhaustively update it over the next couple o' days
luv ya sis!
mwah
your third paragraph:
ReplyDeleteLOL!! man alive, how long has this been a pet peeve of yours?
hey i'm outta here tomorrow! Mt. LeCont!! woot woot
where we might meet some Le frenchmen! on le trail! and then mom would try to speak le French with them all the way to Le cabins!
and matt would go Le Insane!
oi vey
ugh...my neck still hurts alot, and today i gotta pitch!! oh well, I'll give it my all.
ReplyDeletehey you know when you poked me on the facebook, it sent a text message to my phone? lol! coolness!
dont worry, i get 'em for free.
in fact, here's my number
262 412 1459
https://wmg.tmomail.net/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp
you can give me a special message or e-hug! :)